Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Child Crochet Pumpkin Hat with Ear Flaps

I found this cute hat on YouTube and I had to make it.
I first used this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LiHzPsuWS0.  After crocheting almost half of it I noticed it was way too small for my youngest daughter. As you know...I'm just a beginner...so it took me a while to notice it. So I had to unravel almost all of it and start over. I kept added more stiches to it. I kept measuring my daughters head until I got the size I liked. After I finished the hat I wanted to add some ear flaps. And I noticed there's another video out there teaching people how to make it with the flaps - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Yxf0QiQco. It also teaches you how to increase the size of the hat. I wished I had seen that video first...that way I wouldn't had wasted all that time crocheting all those rolls and having to unravel it.  Oh well...

 
 
Well here's the two links I used below. I think it was a great experience for me. And I think the hat looked great. I added two tone braids too. I think it's just too cute. I had actually gotten many complements when my daughter had worn it out. Thanks Crochet Geek for providing these wonderful YouTube videos.
Pumpkin Spice Jr - Child Crochet Pumpkin Hat
 
Crochet Geek: Crochet Cable Hat with Ear Flaps - Pumpkin Crochet Cap
 
If you plan to make a hat for an older child or for an adult you might want to skip the first link and use the second.
Anyone else out there had made this hat? How was it? Easy? Please let me know your experiences. And let me know what other good projects are out that I should try making too.

No comments:

Post a Comment